It is possibly the leading treatment of dental aesthetics. This treatment consists of replacing the external and visible part of the tooth enamel for a porcelain one with aesthetically high properties.
Therefore, it allows us to choose the shape and color we require for our teeth. This treatment is enjoyed by all patients that want to show off a big smile.
What types of veneers are available? What advantages to they have compared to others?
There are two types of veneers: composite and porcelain.
- It is made in our clinic with resin material.
- Maintenance every 2 or 3 years.
- They can suffer color changes.
Advantages of composite veneers:
- It’s made in our clinic with one only appointment.
- If we had to erode the tooth, this would be in less quantity as with porcelain veneers.
- It is made in our laboratory through thin porcelain layers until we achieve the desired color and shape.
Advantages of porcelain Veneers:
- In the cases we want to achieve enhanced aesthetics and tooth transparency
- This type of veneers is not color modified.
- In those cases in which we want to improve the shape and color.
However, the final and successful treatment for this aesthetic issue is the implementation of porcelain veneers in front teeth.